Well, I'll go to the foot of my stairs...

Often startled, frequently amused, sometimes scared; rarely speechless. Can be found at witchywoo22@yahoo.co.uk

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Yeah, I know...

...two posts in one evening!

*tuts*

But there is a reason - I've been tagged by both Ms Jared and Spotted Elephant with questions to answer about my blogging habits. So here goes...

Why do you blog?

Essentially, because I've bored all my friends rigid so now it's the turn of strangers!
*joke* (I hope.)


I blog because I'm a radical feminist and, because we're few and far between out there in the real world, it's a lonely place to be. Seriously. I know that anyone would think we were on the verge of revolution when you hear/read all the hysterical venom directed our way but the truth of it is we're very, very small in number. We just work hard and what we have to say is BIG. I blog because it connects me with other radfems around the world who genuinely know where I'm coming from so I feel less isolated. I am part of the radfem blogging community - part of a movement - and I know I'm not alone.

How long have you been blogging?

Wow! Since February! Doesn't time fly.

Self portrait













Note the glass of wine? And I do have a cigarette in the other.


Why do readers read your blog?

I'm not sure. Some readers have met me in real life and that tends to cement positive connections made on the internet - I've made some ridiculously good real life friends through blogging and boards and suchlike. And the radfem blogging community is solid and supportive. Others, though - those stray commenters who turn up out of nowhere and stay - I really don't know. simply wondered says "your shit is good". Maybe that's why.

What was the last search phrase someone used to get to your site?

"underwear vest bra comfortable PE -buy -sell -shop" Seriously! It's a strange world.

The most frequent search phrase that leads people to the foot of my stairs is "Hugh Heffner birthday".

Which of your entries unjustly gets too little attention?

None. I think they all get the attention they deserve.

Your current favorite blog:

I think that's a really unfair question! There are so many excellent blogs written with intelligence, wit, passion, humour and honesty it's too difficult to pick just one. But if I had to, it'd be a toss-up between Twisty and ginmar.
Oh, and I so miss Kaka.

What blog did you read most recently?


Trash Talks Back

Which feeds do you subscribe to?

Yep, I've seen them mentioned. Do I know what they are or how they work? Nope.

What four blogs are you tagging with this meme, and why?

Laurelin in the Rain
reSISTERance
I'm not a feminist but...
Ethically speaking

because they're all women 'from the internet' who I've actually met and consider as friends.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home