Well, I'll go to the foot of my stairs...

Often startled, frequently amused, sometimes scared; rarely speechless. Can be found at witchywoo22@yahoo.co.uk

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

There's no Wednesday Wow this week...

...because, like amananta, "I'm having a less than stellar day. "

That's not to say there aren't some fab posts out there because there are. Ginger has written an account of some really creepy racial objectification of women that she witnessed whilst on a night out and I just found Women/Womyn/Wimmin at Linguistic Concerns which I found a very interesting and thought provoking post.

But no Wow - mainly because I'm not feeling 'wowable'. I feel tired and jaded and when I read amananta's first line...
Is it okay to say “I need help, I’m drowning”?
...it resonated with me. I commented there about the need to take time out and look after yourself and I've realised I really should take my own advice.

Nothing much will change if I take a day off - the world won't even notice - so, no Wow this week.

8 Comments:

  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger simply wondered said…

    I notice the lack of a wow. Reading it makes my day more interesting. But of course you deserve a day off and I hope you feel more bouyant tomorrow. Maybe you could institute a one-off Thursday Thrill. And we're still here in the bloglobe thinking about you.

     
  • At 7:03 AM, Blogger Z said…

    Hello, WW. I am sorry to hear you are having a tough time at the moment. I really hope some relaxation and 'time off' might help you!!

    I'm sending my best thoughts. Did you ever get my e-mail? You can e-mail me if you ever want/need to talk etc :) Take good care of you!!

    Z

     
  • At 7:45 PM, Blogger spotted elephant said…

    (((Witchy-woo)))

    Please, take whatever time you need and take care of yourself. We'll be here waiting for your return.

     
  • At 7:57 PM, Blogger Ginger said…

    Hey witchy, thanks for the shout out! Glad you enjoyed the post.

     
  • At 9:55 PM, Blogger Phemisaurus Terribilis said…

    Wow, that whole thing about rad fems belonging to some borg collective hive mind must be true then cos geez, we're all getting depressed at the same time. I'm feeling it too - I'm low on chuckles 'n'all. Hell, I've even recycled some posts.

    WW, take a day, off - or two or more. We're here and we'll still be here next wednesday - or the one after or... you get the picture.

    Dinohugs,

    Phemi

     
  • At 11:27 PM, Blogger v said…

    ww - i hope you're okay.

     
  • At 4:07 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    ((BIG HUGS)) for a "less than stellar day" On the other hand the Weds Wow here is that little Katie arrived - 7lbs 2.

    We're back btw, with new wheels. Catch you later?

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Blogger Sarah said…

    Nothing much will change if I take a dayoff - the world won't even notice

    The world won't change and we all need a rest from time to time. But I noticed!

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home