Well, I'll go to the foot of my stairs...

Often startled, frequently amused, sometimes scared; rarely speechless. Can be found at witchywoo22@yahoo.co.uk

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

New feature at the bottom of my stairs....

The Witchy-Woo Wednedsay Wow!

Wednedsay is such a wishy-washy day - don't you think? It's well enough into the working week to be wearisome and still well enough away from the weekend to be woeful. It's a bit dull.

Not anymore! Oh no... because every Wednesday, for your delectation and delight, I'll be highlighting a blogpost - or maybe more than one - that's wowed me enough for me to say the word out loud. Wow.

And first up for this accolade? It's this fab post entitled Why this Sheila likes Sheila Jeffreys from Mad Sheila's Musings. Here's a taste:

Bottom line: If you want solipsistic satisfaction sans accountability, Wendy McElroy’s libertarian feminism is the place to find it. If you want to do the retro married-with-kids thing, then Caitlin Flanagan will ardently defend your right to dependency. And if you want sexual fulfilment sans substandard shtupping from a human partner whose damn humanity gets in the way of you pursuing the ultimate goal—orgasm at any cost—then the Toys In Babeland girls are always willing to give advice on how to expand your remedial repertoire. The post-feminist world is dedicated to giving its customers what they want.

And that is why we need feminists like Sheila Jeffreys: As a young third wave feminist who loves Buffy, loves pop culture (discerningly), and loves to entertain the notion that there are no limits to what I can achieve if I set my scone to it, Jeffreys’ whispering like The Ghost of Feminism Past about the Dark Age atrocities that still plague women in our modern world is often not what I, nor any of my Gen Y cohorts, want.

But sometimes, it is exactly what we need to hear.

Go read it and be wowed - if you haven't already.


3 Comments:

  • At 4:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That was fabulous - Mad Sheila has now been added to my regular blog excursions.

    I also enjoyed her post further down about male leftists' responses to Andrea Dworkin.

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger alyx said…

    Cheers, witchy :-)

    ((sends hugs from boring part of Australia))

     
  • At 4:14 PM, Blogger Biting Beaver said…

    Sheila is great! I've got her linked to the site as well, but Alyx, you don't update often enough *grin*. You've got me refreshing the site over and over lol.

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home