Well, I'll go to the foot of my stairs...

Often startled, frequently amused, sometimes scared; rarely speechless. Can be found at witchywoo22@yahoo.co.uk

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Ok...a day late, but...

Have you seen this? A blog-a-thon against street harrassment.

Me? I was offered a tenner for a shag by a determined car load of men when I was a 13 year old child walking alone on the street one afternoon. They meant it. They scared me. That's my worst example of street harrassment but I'm pretty elderly and have many, many more minor examples.

My best one though... I used to have a dog - a G.S./Lab cross - she was a magnificent beast. Huge and hairy with a definite sense of herself. Little children would ride horsey on her for hours and, when she'd had enough, she wouldn't snap at them or anything unfriendly like that - she'd just get up and move away. Go somewhere else. More human than some humans I've known, that dog.

Anyway, one time when I was walking with my dog in the street at dusk we passed a couple of men who made 'comments' about me - you know the sort...assessing my regard and what they'd like to do to my physicality... My dog, Sadie, I'm sure couldn't understand what they were saying but she sure as hell knew what was on their minds. And that dog barred her teeth for me, she growled and snarled at those men to the point that they were scared.

Totally put them in their place. I loved that dog.

I have been sexually assaulted on the street though. Does that count?

7 Comments:

  • At 8:26 AM, Blogger D said…

    am sorry for what happened with you on the street. sad that when it did happen sadie was not around.

     
  • At 1:55 AM, Blogger spotted elephant said…

    I'm sorry about the assault.

    I love Sadie now, too. Such a decent animal, and smart to recognize what those...I don't want to say animals, it would be an insult to animals. She was very smart to know what the pusbags in the car were about.

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger existsnomore said…

    I'm so sorry about the assault. Sadie sounded like a lovely dog though.

     
  • At 9:40 PM, Blogger lost clown said…

    Ugh, that is horrible. I'm sorry that happened to you.

     
  • At 9:53 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Go Sadie! This same sweet doggie who let children ride on her KNEW those guys were bastards. How amazing is that?

     
  • At 5:19 AM, Blogger SUEB0B said…

    Dogs know. They are smarter than humans in many ways, bless them.

    My dear Nellie was the nicest and waggiest of Black Labs. But one night when this scary guy who looked like he was in the throes of steroid induced rage approached, she turned into Cujo the killer. The man fled. Good dog.

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    Witchy? I want a new post, please! :):):):):):)

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home