Well, I'll go to the foot of my stairs...

Often startled, frequently amused, sometimes scared; rarely speechless. Can be found at witchywoo22@yahoo.co.uk

Friday, February 10, 2006

Goodness only knows....

....what you're going to find if you bother to read this blog. But, whatever it is, I hope it'll either make you laugh...make you think...make you sad....make you angry... - make you something.
If you'd like to comment on anything you read here, please be my guest. And please be mindful of that - this is my space and you're my guest. Just imagine we're chatting in my living room and be as considerate and as polite in your responses as you undoubtedly would be if you were in my house.

I've been reading a lot of blogs lately and some commenters are so arrogant and rude I'm sure their friends and families would be embarrassed to know them. What is it about the internet that makes some people think that they're just 'typing on a screen so it doesn't really matter'? Ok, so they may disagree with a viewpoint they've read, but some people seem unable to pose a counter-argument without making personal attacks. That, in my view, weakens their argument to the point of collapse and I just stop listening.

But we're not going to have any of that here, are we?

1 Comments:

  • At 12:24 AM, Anonymous ginmar said…

    Prepare for some whining, then.

    "You stifle dissent."

    "You only want people who agree with you."

    "Well, Troll X might be an asshole but he made a good point."

    "Nobody's going to listen to feminists if you're so bitchy."

    "Freedom of speech!"

    "Censorship!"

    "Man hater!"

     

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home